Chicago is a fun and happening city throughout all seasons during the year. There’s something particularly special about it during the holidays though, and we’d like to share. Along with traditional classics like the Joffrey Ballet, the Christkindlmarket and the Zoo Lights, there are a few extra festivities going on and special exhibits that will be ending soon. So, clear your schedules and re-book them with a few of these activities to ring in the new year!
1. Sadly, the special Jellies exhibit will be closing on January 4, 2015, so now’s your last chance to see these gorgeous translucent beings do their thing. Buy your tickets here.
2. The Museum of Science and Industry’s, The Treasures of The Walt Disney Archives, that allows visitors to see 90 years of the genius’s work, will be closing on January 4, 2015. Book your visit here.
3. The international, award-winning retrospective of the extraordinary career of David Bowie, came only to Chicago in the US, and is departing on January 4, 2015. Purchase tickets here.
4. Outdoor ice-skating rinks have finally arrived, and we’ve got many of them. Our favorite, Millennium Park, because you’ve got a nice city view as your backdrop.
5. With the holidays upon us, our restaurants have been heating things up a little bit. As the recent rankings in the 2015 Michelin Guide Chicago indicate, this city is among the finest dining destinations on the planet.
6.The Lincoln Park Zoo Lights is a free annual, family-friendly holiday celebration that features luminous displays of more than one million lights all over the park.
7. Christkindlmarket is a German Christmas market and is unquestionably one of Chicago’s favorite holiday shopping experiences. This event runs until December 24, 2014.
8.See the Goodman Theater’s 37th annual production of Charles Dickens’ timeless tale this holiday season and watch as Ebenezer Scrooge discovers the feeling of love. Buy your tickets here.
9. This year marks the 27th production of the Joffrey Ballet’s, The Nutcracker, and the performance has never fallen short of enchanting. Chicago’s most popular holiday tradition, and a timeless fantasy. Purchase your tickets today.
10. Hotels and Shopping deals are better than ever during the holiday season. Take a look at our shopping package, for example.
Original article by Choose Chicago.