Most of you know that Chicago has many great tours and options for sight-seeing, but did you know that we also have food tours? We’ve got the Chicago Pizza Tour (classic), Chicago Chocolate Tours (sinful), food tours through different neighborhoods of the city, and last but certainly not least, Chicago Cupcake tours (YUM!). The latter is the adventure we chose to go on recently, due to our never ending love of sweets, and we’d like to share a little about this fabulous tour.
Firstly, we must say, the tour guide was quite comical and made the trip extra special by giving us facts about the city (a few we didn’t know ourselves!). Did you know that Chicago is a Native American term for Smelly Onion? Or that Streeterville is built upon a trash pile made by William Streeter? Neither did we.
We stopped at five different sweet spots, an easy walk from one to the next, and gave our taste-buds a fine definition of a delicious cupcake. Below is the breakdown of what we experienced and the cupcakes we devoured. Trust us when we say, you’ll thank us after this one!
1. West Town Bakery– Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes (don’t be alarmed, we couldn’t even tell)
2. Sacred Grounds– Salted Caramel Cupcake (one of our personal favorites)
3. L’Appetito– False alarm, no cupcake here..but we did have some pretty delicious gelato
4. Sprinkles Cupcakes– Gingerbread Cupcake with Vanilla Chai Frosting (don’t forget the cupcake ATM!)
5. Forever More Cupcakes– Salted Caramel Cupcake and… BLT (yes ,a bacon, lettuce, and tomato cupcake with chive cream cheese frosting #nom)