May: a month of sunshine, flowers, outdoor BBQ’s and burgers. Did you know May is National Burger month? It’s obviously the perfect time for it. What better way to spend a sunny day than grilling tasty burgers outside or dining on a patio? In honor of this juicy information, we are bringing you Chicago’s top five best burgers! Put on your bib, get your knives ready and be prepared to get a little messy:
1. Au Cheval– This burger is the epitome of big, fat and juicy. Whether you order single or double, this thing comes with delicious cheese, homemade pickles and a perfectly fried egg. What could be better?
2. Kumas Corner– So many choices at this spot, but we guarantee you won’t be disappointed in any of them! With ingredients like herbed goat cheese, grilled pineapple and avocado red onion relish, your taste buds are sure to be thrilled.
3. DMK Burger– Though this may be a little bit of a trek for some, trust us when we say it’s worth it. Here you have a choice of quality grass fed beef, naturally raised turkey, Colorado lamb and, pardon us but, “the best damn veggie burgers that ever hit your lips” all paired with an amazing selection of friesﾅAND crazy delicious shakes.
4. Rockit Bar & Grill– Definitely a must try. Surf or turf, classic or slightly exotic, each burger here is quite spectacular. Ranked as some of the best burgers in Chicago by a few magazines, Chef Amanda Downing is known for taking the burger bar up a notch (have you heard about the “Mac Attack”?). Oh, and be sure to try the sweet potato fries.
5. Butcher and the Burger– This is a “do it your way” style of burger joint. You choose your patty, your toppings, your spices and your buns. Need we say more?
Let us know what you think about these choices. Happy eating!